The Graduate School is currently accepting applications for the Off-Campus Dissertation Research Fellowship for Spring 2015. Applications must be submitted through the online application system, which can be found at http://gradschool.unc.edu/funding/gradschool/offcampusdiss.html.
Your department may nominate 2 students for Spring 2015. Departmental nominations are due by Monday, October 13, 2014.Please note that departmental review and approval are required prior to nomination to The Graduate School. You should check with your department for its internal deadline. You must complete your application early enough for your department to nominate you to The Graduate School by the October 13 deadline.
You are eligible to apply if:
(1) You are a doctoral student in a program administered by The Graduate School. At the time of the award, you must be a fully-enrolled, degree-seeking student.
(2) You are engaged full-time in research.
(3) You need to conduct research off-campus in order to complete your dissertation.
(4) Your travel is beyond commuting distance from campus.
(5) Your travel is for six weeks up to one full semester.
The fellowship provides a non-service stipend, tuition, fees, and health insurance.
You may not hold any other service award, fellowship, scholarship, or outside employment in conjunction with the Off-Campus Dissertation Fellowship without prior permission from The Graduate School.
If you received the Off-Campus Dissertation Research Fellowship in the past, you are NOT eligible to apply again.
For more information please visit http://gradschool.unc.edu/funding/gradschool/offcampusdiss.html.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.