Graduate Assistant for the EO/ADA Office Title IX Team
The EO/ADA Office at UNC Chapel Hill is currently seeking one paid, part-time, temporary Graduate Assistant to work with Title IX team for the 2015-2016 school year. This GA will work on a variety of education and prevention initiatives including the Helping Advocates for Violence Ending Now (HAVEN) program which trains students/staff to respond to disclosures of sexual assault, relationship violence, and stalking. The Graduate Assistant will report to the Title IX Program Coordinator in the EO/ADA office. Typical work hours are between 8am and 5pm Monday through Friday, although occasional evening and possible weekend hours are expected.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support services for the HAVEN program, including but not limited to:
- Present HAVEN curriculum to students, faculty, and staff alongside full-time staff
- Coordinate and manage HAVEN training schedule including advertising trainings, email participants training information, preparing training materials
- Outreach to specific campus groups to schedule and facilitate HAVEN trainings
- Analysis of data collected from HAVEN evaluations
- Assist with the creation and delivery of trainings on Title IX and related issues for the campus community.
- Create publicity materials for various trainings and office initiatives.
- Develop working relationships with groups and departments throughout the UNC Community.
- Work respectfully and effectively with people of various ages, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Assume other duties as needed.
- A Bachelor of Arts degree from a nationally accredited institution with an advanced degree in progress.
- Ability to work 15 hours per week for the duration of the academic year. Occasional evening hours required.
- Experience in sexual/interpersonal violence prevention or response. Working knowledge of Title IX is preferred.
- Experience in developing and implementing programs.
- Excellent skills in facilitation, education, and communication.
- Ability to work independently, follow-up on assignments, and take initiative on projects.
- Working knowledge of cultural competencies.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and references to Jenn Scott, Title IX Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline: 15 April 2015.
The University of North Carolina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.