Administrative Support Associate, Center for Faculty Excellence
Work Schedule: This position will be part‐time, 10 hours per week, during academic year.
Proposed Start Date: May 2015
Description of Work: The Center for Faculty Excellence (CFE) is searching for an Administrative Assistant to help the CFE Research Coordinator with limited submission awards. Limited submission awards are those where the number of applications an institution may submit for nomination is limited to one or a few submissions. Academic institutions are invited to nominate promising investigators—usually faculty, particularly junior faculty‐‐with a high likelihood of making seminal contributions in a particular area of research and/or scholarship, often in the basic or biomedical sciences. CFE will coordinate the internal reviews to determine the faculty member(s) who will be nominated from UNC‐CH to compete for the awards.
The primary responsibility for the successful candidate is to take detailed notes during the internal review meetings and transcribe these notes to document what occurred during these meetings leading to nominating decisions. Other responsibilities will include helping the CFE Research Coordinator create packets for internal reviews, manage the limited submission content on the CFE website, and other support functions to help the Research Coordinator with coordinating and tracking limited submission award reviews and follow‐up.
Education: High school diploma or equivalency; or demonstrated possession of the competencies necessary to perform the work
- At least one year of experience as an administrative support person that included taking detailed notes for meetings
- Demonstration of strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and meeting quick turn‐around deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the basic sciences or biomedical fields
- Basic understanding of grant‐making processes
- Basic understanding of working with private foundations and corporations related to grant funding or fund‐raising/philanthropy
- Familiarity with limited submission awards
- Some experience with website management
Please send resume and cover letter expressing interest to Sohini Sengupta, email@example.com.