The Ackland Art Museum announces the Ackland Graduate Internship for the academic year 2016-2017. This internship offers the opportunity to learn about the substance and methods of museum work. Each year, internship projects are designed to correspond to both student interests and Ackland priorities and may include, among other responsibilities: Collection research and interpretation; Exhibition planning, research, writing, and interpretation; Teaching university class sessions in the Ackland. In 2016-2017, the Ackland Graduate Intern will work with the Curatorial department on a Collection Handbook and/or an Asian art project.
All graduate students who will be enrolled at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for the academic year 2016-2017 are eligible to apply.
This is a 20 hrs/week position throughout the academic year (32 weeks):
- $15,700 stipend
- Health insurance and North Carolina resident tuition, paid by the Ackland Art Museum through the intern’s home department
- May be eligible for tuition remission, arranged through the intern’s home department.
APPLICATIONS: DUE 5:00 PM January 29, 2016
- A statement of no more than two typed pages, explaining your interest in the position and relevant background and skills
- A curriculum vitae
- Academic transcripts for the previous semester of study
- Two letters of recommendation
Finalists will be interviewed. Selection is based on the applicant’s qualifications and interest in museum work. Selection will be announced by March 4, 2016.
Applications may be submitted electronically:
Or in hard copy:
ATTN: Internship Program
Ackland Art Museum, CB# 3400
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3400