The UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health, Office of Student Affairs is looking for a Graduate Student Program Assistant who is available to work from September 2016 – December 2017, including summer. Ideally a first year masters student or first/second year doctoral student.
Based out of the Office of Student Affairs, the Graduate Student Program Assistant works with the Coordinator for Diversity Programs & Recruitment to develop, implement, and evaluate pre-college and college programs focused on the field of public health. This individual will create and support presentations, events and other activities to encourage the public health interests of students and work with our evaluation consultant to focus on student tracking and a comprehensive evaluation.
- Administrative support for summer pipeline programs sponsored by the Office of Student Affairs, UNC Gillings School of Global Public Health
- Attendance and/or participation on panels focused on health careers and schools
- Attend and co-facilitate informational meetings with funders, students, parents, administrators, etc.
- Presentations, tours and groups activities for participants in summer pipeline programs
- Program and calendar development
- Individual consultations/meetings with pipeline students
- Newsletter development
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong ability to work independently and exercise leadership
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to deal effectively with diverse populations
- High level of energy; the ability to carry needed equipment up to 25 pounds
- Technology competence a necessity
- Experience with evaluation and tracking desired
- Effective use of social media
Working Conditions: This position requires access to a computer, car and a valid driver’s license and may require day/overnight travel. Program Assistant works both on-site and across the state. Some evening and weekend work required, other work hours are flexible.
Terms of Employment: Program Assistant must commit to working from September, 2016 – December 2017, including summer. Compensation: $10-$15/hour. This is a grant funded position.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Trinnette Cooper, Coordinator-Diversity Programs & Recruitment at email@example.com no later than Thursday, September 15th.