Calls For Application are open for Health Policy Research Scholars, a national leadership development program of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
Applicants must be:
- Entering the first or second year of their doctoral program in September of 2017
- From any research-focused discipline
- From underrepresented populations and/or disadvantaged backgrounds
- Interested in interdisciplinary approaches and translating their research into health policy
- Eager to use their unique perspective to build a Culture of Health to enable everyone in America to live longer, healthier lives
This program is an opportunity to create real change. The scholars selected for this program will be a part of the next generation of researchers and policymakers, creating a more diverse community who will create policies and solutions that are inclusive and relevant to the communities they serve.
Over the course of the four- to five-year program, scholars will:
- Receive an annual stipend of $30,000 for up to four years
- Establish and strengthen professional ties to leaders in public health, policy, equity, and many other fields and professions
- Continue working from their home institution and applying new learnings in real time
- Receive dissertation support and mentoring
- Be eligible for an additional dissertation grant of up to $10,000
Applications will be accepted until March 29, 2017.
Please visit the program website for more details and to apply.