Rotary District 7710 is offering a Global Scholarship for a graduate student who is interested in beginning a study abroad program in September 2020. Your research must fall within in one of six humanitarian areas of focus:
- Peace and Conflict Prevention/Resolution
- Water and Sanitation
- Basic Education and Literacy
- Disease Prevention and Treatment
- Maternal and Child Health
- Economic and Community Development
Applicants must complete a Global Scholarship application and submit it to a local Rotary Club where he/she has a legal residence or is his/her place of employment or current college enrollment. Additionally, scholarship study must take place in college or university in a foreign country and be enrolled in classes in for at least two semesters. Students can apply for this award prior to being accepted into a foreign university, but before the funds can be distributed, the recipient of the award has to be officially accepted before receiving the funds.
Additionally, the student scholar may NOT be a
- an employee of a club, district or other Rotary entity, of Rotary international;
- the spouse, lineal descendant (child or grandparent by blood) of any person in the foregoing two categories.
The deadline for submitting applications to your local Rotary Club will be in April 2020.