Ackland Graduate Internship: 2018-2019
The Ackland Art Museum announces the Ackland Graduate Internship for the academic year 2018-2019. This internship offers the opportunity to learn about the substance and methods of museum work. Each year, internship projects are designed to correspond to both student interests and Ackland priorities and may include, among other responsibilities: Collection research and interpretation; Exhibition planning, research, writing, and interpretation; Teaching university class sessions in the Ackland. All currently-enrolled graduate students who will be enrolled at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for the academic year 2018-2019 are eligible to apply.
This is a 20 hrs/week position throughout the academic year (32 weeks):
- $19,000 stipend
- Health insurance and North Carolina resident tuition, paid by the Ackland Art Museum through the intern’s home department
- May be eligible for tuition remission, arranged through the intern’s home department.
APPLICATIONS: DUE 5:00 PM March 2, 2018
- A statement of no more than two typed pages, explaining your interest in the position and relevant background and skills
- A curriculum vitae
- Academic transcripts for the previous semester of study
- Two letters of recommendation
Finalists will be interviewed. Selection is based on the applicant’s qualifications and interest in museum work. Selection will be announced by March 30, 2018.
Applications may be submitted electronically: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or in hard copy:
ATTN: Internship Program
Ackland Art Museum, CB# 3400
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3400