Ackland Art Museum Graduate Internship
The Ackland Art Museum announces the Ackland Graduate Internship for the academic year 2020-21. This internship offers the opportunity to learn about the substance and methods of museum work. Each year, internship projects are designed to correspond to both student interests and Ackland priorities and may include, among other responsibilities: Collection research and interpretation; exhibition planning, research, writing, and interpretation; teaching university class sessions in the Ackland.
All currently-enrolled graduate students who will be enrolled at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for the academic year 2020-21 are eligible to apply.
This is a 20 hrs/week position throughout the academic year (32 weeks):
- $19,000 stipend
- Health insurance and North Carolina resident tuition, paid by the Ackland Art Museum through the intern’s home department
- May be eligible for tuition remission, arranged through the intern’s home department
Submit the following by February 21, 2020, at 5pm to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A statement of no more than two typed pages, explaining your interest in the position and relevant background skills
- A CV
- Academic transcripts for the previous semester of study (unofficial copies are acceptable)
- Two letters of recommendation
Finalists will be interviewed. Selection will be based on the applicant’s qualifications and interest in museum work. Selection will be announced by March 30, 2020.