The Applied Physical Sciences (APS) department at UNC-Chapel Hill is seeking 1-2 graduate students to support the department in the areas of financial processing and reporting by working in areas of accounts payable, accounts receivable, and supporting. This is a great opportunity to understand the finance function and management of a department with a complex set of funding sources.
- Collect, process, and file documentation for P card transactions, reimbursements, purchase requisitions, and vendors
- Create monthly reports on expenditures using Excel and Infoporte
- Order supplies through ePro and with P card
- Participate in other projects related to the financial management of the department
Essential job requirements
- Enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program at UNC-Chapel Hill
- Good written, verbal, social, and customer service communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as follow directions
- Ability to commit to a work schedule in advance and arrive on time for work
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Experience in accounting and finance
- Ability to organize and track a large variety of information
- Attention to detail
- Desire to work in an interesting and dynamic department
- Experience with ConnectCarolina, InfoPorte, and Excel
Position details and schedule
This is an hourly position with a salary of $12-15 per hour, depending on experience. The preferred start date is early May, and the candidate must be available to work this summer and through the 2020/21 academic year. The position requires 10-15 hours of work per week. Hours are generally flexible.
Send a complete resume/CV and brief cover letter explaining your qualifications for the position to Julia Green at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 13, 2020.