The LGBTQ Center at UNC-Chapel Hill is looking to hire a Graduate & Professional Student Program Coordinator for the 2020-21 academic year. Students enrolled in a graduate program during the Fall 2020-Spring 2021 academic year are eligible.
About the position
The Graduate & Professional Student Program Coordinator will be supervised by the Director of the LGBTQ Center and the Co-Director of Diversity and Student Success in The Graduate School. Tasks include:
- Coordinate the LGBTIQA Speaker Series educational program
- Coordinate social programming for graduate and professional students
- Develop collaborations between the LGBTQ Center and graduate/professional student groups, schools, and departments across campus
- Coordinate efforts to expand the Safe Zone program with gradate students who teach courses, labs, or recitations
- Assist with Safe Zone facilitation
- Assist with implementation of evaluation plan
- Contribute to the LGBTQ Center Aluminate Publication
- Maintain LGBTQ Center graduate/professional web page and Graduate School Queer Graduate and Professional Students (QGAPS) web page and contribute to LGBTQ Center social media
- Other administrative tasks as assigned
The position provides opportunities for the successful applicant to pursue projects or initiatives that are of special interest.
The position will begin August 1, 2020 and end May 9, 2021 and applicants should expect a commitment of 15-20 hours per week with occasional evening program responsibilities.
The Graduate & Professional Student Program Coordinator will be compensated by payment of tuition, fees, and the Graduate Student Health Insurance Program (GSHIP), and a stipend of $15,000.
Applicants must include a cover letter expressing interest and qualifications, a current resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Applications must be sent to Director Terri Phoenix at email@example.com.
Screening of applications will begin Wednesday, June 24, 2020.