About the position
The Center for Maternal and Infant Health at the UNC School of Medicine is seeking to hire a part-time research analyst to work on de-identified healthcare datasets. The analyst will begin in late October and be expected to work 20 hours/week for a wage of $20/hour. Applicants must be UNC graduate students studying Computer Science or a related information/engineering science.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact efficiently with clinical staff, researchers, administrators, business, and technical and non-technical groups/people
- Excellent knowledge and experience with SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Passion for deriving information from raw data
- Keen inquisitive skills to find data insights from data and information
- Keen capacity to translate user requirements for information into logical methods/criteria to extract required information from raw data sets
- Knowledge of the following concepts: contextual design, data pyramid, analytics pyramid, normalized vs. de-normalized data, data lineage, ETL, data visualization, single source of truth, and data snapshot vs. database
- Excellent attitude and willingness to do technical and non-technical (administrative) work
- Knowledge of data visualization dashboard design, and experience with Tableau
- Experience with MS SQL Server
- Experience with healthcare data and/or healthcare studies
Interested students should submit an application via the online system by October 18, 2020.