About the position
The Graduate School Professional Development (GSPD) program provides a full range of training opportunities and resources to graduate students.
This Research Assistant position is for a currently-enrolled graduate student in a Master’s program and is an appointment for the Spring 2021 semester only. It requires a commitment of approximately 10 hours per week and the compensation includes a stipend, tuition (in-state and out-of-state/tuition remission), mandatory student fees, and health insurance. Students who have interest in and want to gain skills in education administration aligned with their career goals are encouraged to apply (e.g. education, communication). This position will be remote with mostly flexible hours.
Graduate School student employees sign a confidentiality agreement ensuring they will maintain confidentiality as a condition of employment. Employees may have access to sensitive student information. A high level of confidentiality, integrity, and discretion is expected.
- Assist with project-based data collection and analysis:
- Benchmark and document what other graduate institutions provide in terms of similar programming and support related to graduate student professional development
- Gather and maintain data, compile evaluation and assessment summaries, and contribute to annual reports
- Search and analyze scholarly articles and relevant online content related to professional development that would inform best practices
- Provide support for The Graduate School Professional Development (GSPD) programming
- Assist with maintaining the calendar of events and manage event registrations
- Plan, coordinate, and set up professional development workshops
- Coordinate with campus partners to ensure achievement of programmatic goals
- Provide support for CIRTL at UNC Chapel Hill, Leadership Development Scholars Program, 3MT
- Serve on the GSPD Advisory Council
- Assist with communications/marketing for the GSPD programs and initiatives
- Produce newsletters and communications for GSPD on a bi-monthly basis and manage any additional publicity/marketing
- Assist with communication with prospective and current graduate students, and graduate program staff and faculty
- Maintain e-mail listserv subscriptions
- Develop and implement marketing strategies for GSPD initiatives
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel)
- Knowledge of design programs (Photoshop, Indesign, Canva, etc.)
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Experience with online survey administration using tools like Qualtrics
- Experience with HTML, WordPress, and the UNC Event Management system
- Prior program management and/or event planning experience
Submit a CV/resume and cover letter to Assistant Dean of Academic and Professional Development Brian Rybarczyk, PhD at email@example.com no later than December 15, 2020. In the cover letter, explain how your skills meet the position’s responsibilities, how your professional goals are aligned with the position, how your academic program of study connects with the position, your anticipated schedule, and your availability for an interview.