About the position
The Ackland Museum of Art is accepting applications for a 2021-2022 internship. This position focuses on the opportunity to learn about the substance and methods of museum work. Each year, internship projects are designed to correspond to both student interests and Ackland priorities and may include, among other responsibilities:
- Collection research and interpretation
- Exhibition planning, research, writing, and interpretation
- Teaching university class sessions in the Ackland
Students who are currently enrolled in any graduate program at UNC-Chapel Hill and who will also be enrolled at UNC-Chapel Hill for the academic year 2021-2022 are eligible to apply. The position will run from mid-August 2021 through early May 2022. The Ackland Graduate Intern will work 20 hours/week during that term, but will not be expected to work during academic breaks and holidays.
The position includes a stipend ($19,000 for the academic year, plus the cost of student fees), health insurance, and North Carolina resident tuition. (Tuition remission may be available from the intern’s home department.)
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com by February 1, 2021 at 5pm. Submissions should include:
- A statement of no more than two typed pages explaining the applicant’s interest in the position and relevant background and skills
- A curriculum vitae
- Academic transcripts for the previous semester of study (unofficial copies are acceptable)
- Two letters of recommendation
Finalists will be interviewed. The Ackland Art Museum will announce the selected candidate by March 29, 2021.