The local chapters of the Philanthropic Education Organization (P.E.O.) are currently collecting materials from interested graduate students for the AY2023-2024 P.E.O. Scholar Award. P.E.O. is a philanthropic women’s organization dedicated to the advancement of women in higher education. Scholar awards are one-time, competitive, merit-based awards intended to recognize and encourage academic excellence and achievement by women in doctoral-level programs. These awards provide partial support for study and research. For AY2022-2023, the maximum award is $20,000.
If you are interested in consideration, please complete the attached form, prepare the required materials, and submit them to one of the local chapters listed below. Please note that only chapter will be able to submit a nomination for a student.
Chapter AG – Chapel Hill: email@example.com
Chapter CN – Chapel Hill: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following criteria are considered by the award committee when selecting P.E.O. Scholars:
- nominee’s proposal
- potential to make significant contributions in her field(s) of endeavor or to make a positive impact on society
- recommendations from three university professors or professional mentors
- evidence of scholarly activities (publications, presentations, patents, performances, etc.)
- academic awards and honors (honor societies, scholarships, etc.)
- academic record
- career objectives
- unique academic and global experiences
- establishment in academic program