About the position
When: Fall 2022, with the possibility of extending to spring 2022.
Hours: A minimum of 10 hours per week
Applicants: UNC Graduate Students only
General Description:The African Studies Center is searching for a graduate student to assist with administrative duties at the Center during the fall of 2022. The position will report to the Associate Director of the Center and will involve communication and event planning. Applicants with previous admin, communication, and event planning experience are preferred but not required. Applicants must be able to work with little supervision.
Must be available for occasional evening work during the week and some weekends. Interest in Africa preferred.Please note: This is NOT a research position.
b.Manage the Center’s social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.)
c.Weekly newsletter (Mailchimp) circulation.
Additional duties may be possible
2. Data Collection & Entry
a.Search for information on courses and draft course lists
b.Search for and enter data relevant to the Center’s federal grant (Title VI)
c.Track and archive center programs – create brief documentation/report for each ASC event.
- Basic knowledge of web development and social media
- Knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on multiple simultaneous projects without the close supervision of individual tasks
Interested applicants should submit the following to Ada Umenwaliri at firstname.lastname@example.org in one PDF document:
1. Letter expressing interest in the position, including details on the preferred experience.
2. Resume/CV Deadline: Sept 30, 2022
For questions about the position, please get in touch with Ada Umenwaliri at email@example.com.