The North Carolina Water Resources Research Institute and North Carolina Sea Grant are pleased to announce a joint funding opportunity for graduate students in North Carolina. We intend to fund up to five projects at $10,000 each.
RFP Emphasis on Diversity
Recognizing that some students and faculty have historically been underserved and under-targeted with research opportunities, and that some students and faculty are underrepresented in the sciences, we strongly encourage submissions by and/or collaborative partnerships with one or more of the following:
- African American, Hispanic and Native American students and African American, Hispanic and Native American sponsoring faculty
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs)
- Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs)
Furthermore, recognizing that some communities and geographical areas are underserved and often stand to gain significantly from meaningful applied research, we strongly encourage research projects that engage underserved communities, rural communities, communities of color, or low- or fixed-income communities.
Proposals may address research questions and methods in the fields of social science, education, communications, natural science, engineering, economics or policy, or a combination of these disciplines (as applied to the focus areas below). We encourage proposals that include meaningful public engagement, public participation, or collaboration with members of the communities where research is to take place.
RFP Focus Areas
Research focus areas include:
- Hurricane Matthew Response and Recovery
- Groundwater Contamination and On-Site, Individual Water Infrastructure (Disconnected Wells and Septic Systems)
- Community Development and Watershed Management
Full RFP Details
Available at https://wrri.ncsu.edu/research/funding/
We encourage you to contact Nicole or John with questions pertaining to this RFP. We especially encourage students new to the grant application process to reach out for needed guidance in regards to this RFP.