The Graduate School is seeking an experienced graduate student web developer intern for 2017-2018.
- Experience building WordPress websites
- Web design experience, understanding of web standards including XHTML/HTML5 + CSS
- Ability to work in an Windows and/or Linux environment when needed
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently to meet deadlines
- Experience working with MySQL or other relational databases
- Understanding of accessibility standards and usability best practices
- Understanding of factors related to web page performance and how to optimize page load
- Ability to troubleshoot and research potential solutions to unique challenges
- Experience working with RegEx, Python, XML and/or JSON data
- Experience with the Apache web server
This position requires 15-20 hours of work per week during the academic semesters for a doctoral student or 12-15 hours a week for a master’s student. Work schedule and location are both flexible.
This Research Assistant position includes a stipend, tuition, health insurance and fees. You will have the opportunity to work as a vital member of The Graduate School’s team, to improve your coding skills and to build a professional-quality portfolio of work.
The Graduate School:
The Graduate School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill was established in 1903 and encompasses 80-plus programs offering more than 160 different graduate degrees. The Graduate School is a pan-university administrative unit responsible for supporting approximately 8,500 doctoral and master’s degree students from admission to graduation. For more about The Graduate School: gradschool.unc.edu
Send a CV/resume, cover letter and examples of relevant work experience (sample code and/or links are fine) to Rachell Underhill (email@example.com) by July 14. Your cover letter should explain how your skills, experience and academic goals are a good fit for the responsibilities of this position.