The Media Resources Center is seeking a Research Assistant for Summer 2018.
This position assists students, faculty, and staff with audio and video projects in the Media Resources Center’s media lab in the Undergraduate Library. It offers training in the use of new technologies and the opportunity to investigate new methods and technologies related to digitization and multimedia production. This position will also gain experience in the development and provision of training materials and workshops along with working on special projects related to collection development and public service.
Under the supervision of the Media Resources Librarian and working directly Media Center staff, this position requires 20 hours per week; Some Sunday work is required. Applicants must be enrolled in a Masters level or higher program at UNC.
• Works well in a public service environment with a diverse University clientele
• Motivated to learn new technologies
• Strong computer skills and technical knowledge
• Ability to work independently after training
• Familiarity with multimedia, including streaming audio and video
• Mac OS Experience
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Demonstrated experience with audio- and video-production equipment
• Demonstrated experience with video-editing software such as Adobe Premiere Pro
• Experience with audio-editing equipment and software such as Pro Tools, Logic & Reason
This position reports to the Head of the Media Resources Center. Please send a letter of interest, CV, and contact information for 2 references to:
Winifred Fordham Metz, Head of the Media Resources Center (email@example.com) & Katelyn Ander, Media Center Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Start date: May 18, 2018
End date: July 31, 2018
*Opportunity to extend appointment through Fall 2018 and Spring 2019