About the position
The Community Engagement Core (CEC) of the Center for Human Health and the Environment (CHHE) at NC State University is looking to hire an undergraduate or graduate student as a Community Engagement Coordinator. The Coordinator will help with developing community engagement materials, creating and implementing programs, translating Center research, and evaluating, analyzing, and publishing data. The Coordinator will engage with CHHE members, other faculty members, community partners, and the Stakeholder Advisory Board, and attend regular meetings and work closely with the two co-Directors of the CEC.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop educational materials that are culturally and linguistically appropriate for the targeted audience (e.g. toxic metals hazards in Durham, maternal exposures in Raleigh, PFAS contamination in Fayetteville, etc.)
- Develop and deliver webinars for community partners and stakeholders (e.g. grant writing, program evaluation for community-based groups, etc.)
- Disseminate information using online platforms
- Clean and analyze survey and/or evaluation data
- Contribute to CEC publications
- Help organize and facilitate community forums, meetings, and other events related to environmental health issues (e.g. the GenX Exposure Study, Stakeholder Advisory Board meeting, etc.)
- Support the Community Grant Program
Applicants must be currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field (science communication, environmental management, public health, etc.). The Coordinator will ideally have experience with some of the above activities. Preferred skills and experience include social media experience, basic qualitative and quantitative data skills, experience communicating with diverse audiences, and experience explaining scientific research. Applicants should expect to commit approximately 10 hours/week for a wage of $12-15/hour.
Interested students should submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers) to the online application form. For more information, please see the original job posting.