The Graduate School is now accepting applications for the Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fellowship. The Liebmann Fellowship provides up to three years of support for doctoral students with demonstrated financial need. UNC-Chapel Hill will nominate three students for the award’s nationwide competition.
The fellowship covers actual tuition costs and includes an $18,000 annual stipend to be allocated for room, board, and ordinary living expenses.
Students must meet the following requirements to apply for this fellowship. Students must:
- Be a fully-enrolled, degree-seeking doctoral student within a residential program administered by the graduate school
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- Be a US citizen
Interested students must apply online by October 7, 2020 and provide the following:
- 3-page statement of purpose
- 2-page CV
- Statement of financial need
- Undergraduate and graduate transcripts, as appropriate (unofficial copies will be accepted for the pre-selection)
- GRE test results, as appropriate (unofficial copies will be accepted for the pre-selection)
- Advisor letter of recommendation
If selected for nomination, students should be prepared to provide certified copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts, a copy of GRE scores, two faculty letters of recommendation, financial aid information, and copies of your 2019 and 2020 federal tax returns. For more information about the pre-application and nomination process, please visit The Graduate School website.