TEAM ADVANCE Research and Program Support Graduate Student Research Assistant for Qualitative Analysis and Program Support
Targeting Equity in Access to Mentoring (TEAM) ADVANCE and the Center for Faculty Excellence seek an enthusiastic graduate research assistant (GRA) to support the analysis of qualitative survey data and the evaluation of the impact of the project. This is a part-time, hourly position beginning late fall 2021 and continuing through spring 2022.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
– Clean, organize and code qualitative data
– Conduct qualitative analysis of open-ended
– Assist the team in reporting and
dissemination of findings via written reports,
and presentations ;
– Provide program and administrative
support, which may include document
preparation, event support, and other duties
The GRA will work closely with the Research Project Manager for program support, and the co-Principal Investigators overseeing data analysis for TEAM ADVANCE. Working with TEAM ADVANCE proved to be a rewarding experience for previous graduate assistants. Past assistants participated in weekly project team meetings, attended our faculty mentoring workshops, supported data analysis and visualization, and contributed to our bank of resources. GRAs become vital members of our project team while learning more about the University structure, faculty career development, and collaborating with a diverse, multidisciplinary project team.
Required coursework: Relevant coursework in qualitative or mixed methodology.
Preferred Coursework: Advanced coursework in social and/or behavioral science; education; qualitative and mixed methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree, currently enrolled in a UNCCH graduate program.
- Proficiency in qualitative or mixed-method
- Experience using qualitative software (e.g.,
- Dependable, focused, diligent, and self-motivated
- Ability to work independently, both on-site and
remotely (if needed)
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in qualitative survey data analysis
- Relevant publications or conference papers
- Degree in Social Science discipline; Education;
- Excellent academic writing skills
- Proficiency in data presentation and
Please provide Curriculum Vitae, Cover Letter, and names/contact information of two references (at least one at UNC-CH)Your cover letter should speak to your skills and experience with qualitative research, including methods and reporting.
10-15 hours per week for 2021-22 (both negotiable). Hourly rates will be $15 to $20 per hour.
Please direct questions to Ms. Joanna Foland,
Research Project Manager,