The Reservation Graduate Coordinators (RGC) reports directly to the Reservation Manager (RM) from the Office of Event Services for the Carolina Union. The RGC supports the overall daytime and evening functions of Reservations in the Carolina Union and General Purpose Classrooms (GPCs) supported by the Carolina Union. The Reservation Graduate Coordinator will set a weekly schedule to cover regular and extended office hours as well as support occasional evenings and weekends for an hourly rate of $17.75, for 20 – 30 hours weekly. They will provide support in the following areas –
- Assist with enforcing University’s Facility Use Policy and Carolina Union
- Determine appropriate space and set-ups for individuals/groups requesting
- Electronically process events/meetings in GPCs and Carolina Union event
spaces, inputting information into 25Live.
- Act as the main point of contact for assigned reservations throughout the
entire planning process.
- Independently conduct client meetings and follow ups, providing updates to
the RM as necessary
- Attend assigned events to answer day of client questions/requests and assist
staff assigned to the event.
- Provide high quality customer service to all Carolina Union guests
- Advises customers to best recourse of action for their event needs and
books/retains services and equipment for related program operations.
- Initiate, collect, and utilize feedback from internal and external stakeholders
after events to notify Event Services teams and overall better our services
Student Staff Support:
- Assist in the training, supervision and evaluation of 9 undergraduate student
- Assist the Reservation Manager in the undergraduate student staff
performance review process and implementation of Fall and Spring trainings
- Assist with updating student organization records in 25Live.
- Support the daily operations of the Carolina Union Event Services office.
- Following up with Event Services staff on event and shift reports.
- Review event charges for accuracy prior to invoicing.
- Assist with running 25Live event reports and analyzing data.
- Work with the Reservation Manager to anticipate event related problems and
develops recommendations to resolve issues
- Network with other departments within the Carolina Union to gain a better
understanding of union operations within a large, public university setting
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to lead others and work on independent projects of
- Demonstrated experience in conducting interviews, trainings, performance
evaluations, and other employee initiatives for team members
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, WhentoWork and 25Live Software
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions from managers and guide
Reservations staff on how to analyze feedback from clients and enact a plan of
action to ensure their needs are addressed
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a fast-paced environment
- Lead meetings as required
- Must be comfortable serving as part of a diverse team that includes people
with varying beliefs and backgrounds
How to Apply:
For online – submit your resume, cover letter and three professional references here,
In person – deliver your resume, cover letter and three professional references in a sealed
envelope to the Carolina Union, Event Services suite third floor. The envelope should be
addressed to the attention of Alexis Berg, Reservation Manager, FPG Student Union Suite
3100, Campus Box 5210.
Alexis Berg, Victoria Boykin
Work Location: Carolina Union Event Services, Suite 3100