The Minority Educational Institution Student Partnership Program provides 10-week summer paid internship opportunities to undergraduate and graduate students from Minority Serving Institutions.
MEISPP is designed to provide talented students with internships that introduce them to a variety of entry and mid-level research, technical, and professional positions within the Department of Energy and its national laboratories.
How to Apply
Applications and supporting materials must be submitted at https://www.zintellect.com/Opportunity/Details/DOE-ED-MEISPP-2022
Application deadline: March 31, 2022, 11:59 PM EST
Why should I apply?
Being selected to participate in the MEISPP offers the following benefits:
- Stipends starting at $650 per week for undergraduates and $750 per week for graduate students.
- Housing Allowance starting at $240/week
- Travel reimbursement to/from assigned location for up to $1,000
- Explore disciplines including science, technology, engineering, business, mathematics, policy, law and more
- Gain professional and technical career experience with the guidance of a mentor to support your career goals
- Develop professional networks with leading scientists and subject matter experts
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited Minority Serving Institution (MSI) of higher education majoring in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, and other fields that support the DOE mission. Most accredited U.S. postsecondary institutions that meet the statutory criteria for identification as Minority Serving Institutions are listed at https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/idues/2021eligibilitymatrix.xlsx
- Be available to participate in the full 10-week program.