The Office of Scholarships and Student Aid at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill seeks a Graduate Assistant to assist with our Communications needs.
- The successful candidate will receive $25/hour during the 2022-23 academic year paid bi-weekly on the university’s SHRA bi-weekly payroll schedule
- 20-25 hours/week: Hours to be scheduled hybrid (remote with occasional in-person training) during regular office hours (M-F, 8:00-5:00)
- Position to start at the beginning of the fall semester and running through the end of the spring semester (15 weeks per semester). Off for all University holidays and fall/spring breaks
The mission of The Office of Scholarships and Student Aid is to make sure that qualified students have the opportunity to study at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill regardless of their ability to pay.
The Office will strive to maximize available funds, exercise good stewardship of those resources, and perform related research and program evaluation. The goals are to:
- assist in the recruitment and retention of students;
- continually improve service to students; and
- support long-range enrollment and campus planning goals.
This position would assist the Senior Assistant Director of Communications and Outreach to align different modes of communication with the office mission, with the goal of creating effective communications that are accessible and digestible to students and families.
- Collaborate with the Senior Assistant Director of Communications, and other key staff members to assess communications needs
- Serve as a member of the communications committee by attending weekly meetings
- Assist with planning of master communications spreadsheet, and creation of master communications calendar to be shared with full office staff
- Coordinate consistency in responses across AI chatbot, enrollment FAQ, and website FAQ libraries, speaking to subject matter experts throughout the office to ensure accuracy in responses as needed
- Monitor website maintenance and serve as backup when needed for requested web edits and updates
- Assist in updating outreach materials such a presentations and print pieces needed
- Coordinate advertisements for events with the Daily Tar Heel (DTH), creating and updating artwork to be used in advertisements
- Assist with creation of artwork by using Canva
- Update paper versions of forms used as a part of the financial aid process as required for compliance
- Video editing and creation support using TechSmith Camtasia
- Assist in creation of OSSA Teams site that will replace current resources, updating job aids and resources as needed
- Maintain consistent voice and tone, adhere to brand guidelines, and follow best practices related to digital accessibility
- Assist to monitor analytics using Google analytics, chatbot text campaign, Slate Deliver mailings and Siteimprove
Candidates must be seeking a graduate/professional degree in Media and Communications or relevant graduate/professional field. The ideal candidate must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, be able to take initiative and handle multiple tasks simultaneously and enjoy working as a part of a team. Effective communication skills are necessary to this position. We are interested in students with a passion for creativity, that is willing to share new ideas that will help reach a wide audience.
Preferred skills (one or more of the following):
- Experience using Microsoft Teams and other Microsoft applications
- Experience creating and editing using Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud, Camtasia
- Familiarity with web analytics and WordPress
Email resume and cover letter to Erica Corini, Senior Assistant Director of Communications and Outreach, firstname.lastname@example.org.