About the position
TraCS Informatics and Data Science (IDSci) supports investigators in the areas of clinical informatics and research data management, along with building and maintaining the TraCS internal and external websites. A core area of our work centers on the Carolina Data Warehouse for Health (CDWH), a repository for clinical, research, and administrative data from the UNC Health Care System. Researchers work with us to request datasets from the CDWH, which they use to recruit patients or conduct secondary data analyses. We also create and maintain tools to support researchers including i2b2@UNC, REDCap, EMERSE (a clinical note searching tool), and CLARK (a user-friendly natural language processing tool for clinical notes). We maintain open-source tools to support clinical data integration: CAMP FHIR (Clinical Asset Mapping Protocol for FHIR), which transforms EHR data to FHIR files as a common data model, and FHIR PIT (FHIR Patient data Integration Tool), which integrates FHIR files with non-clinical datasets, including public environmental exposures data.
Position Description: We seek a highly motivated and detail-oriented graduate student to join our team. The Spring intern will work on developing documentation for TraCS informatics resources, including i2b2, a web-based self-service application widely used across the University and Health Care System. The intern will also update and create user-facing educational materials related to the TraCS electronic health record data service. This work will require working closely with TraCS data analysts, developers, and other staff to learn about the data contained in the Carolina Data Warehouse for Health and about TraCS-supportedapplications. Production of educational videos may be required. The intern’s tasks will include updating a TraCS Informatics website with these materials; this will require use of R Markdown and html.
Anticipated Start Date – January 9, 2023
Anticipated End Date – May 9, 2023
Time Commitment – 20 hours/week
Pay Rate – $22/hour
Work Location – Remote
1.Enrollment in a graduate program at UNC – Chapel Hill for Spring 2023. This should be reflected in the submitted CV/resume.
2.Required skills include:
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, while also collaborating with a team, in order to achieve project goals
- Strong attention to detail
3. Preferred skills include:
- Understanding of regulatory and privacy rules for working with protected health information
- Experience using i2b2, Epic, healthcare data
- Knowledge of R Markdown and html a plus
- Experience with screen recording and video editing tools (e.g., Camtasia
- Enrollment in graduate program in Computer Science, Library Science, Health Informatics, Public Health, or a related field
The application deadline is November 28, 2022
Please send the following items to Anna Jojic, Research Project Manager (email@example.com), with the subject line: “TraCS Intern Spring 2023– Application”:
- Resume or CV
- Cover letter describing how your qualifications make you a fit for this positio
- Writing sample